VISHAKHA COMMITTEE (WOMEN CELL)
Jayaram Polytechnic college has constituted a “Women’s Grievance cell” as per the orders of the Supreme court ( vishakha judgment),’Sexual harassment at workplace Act,2013’ rules with the aim of promoting gender equality and women empowerment among students and staff members.
The cell take care of grievance of girl students and female staff members related to gender discrimination, violence and sexual harassment on the campus. It is dedicated to create an environment on the campus where every female feels safe.
The objectives of the women’s grievance cell are as follows:
- To create an environment of gender justice where men and women work together with a sense of personal security and dignity.
- To create awareness amongst students about the issues related to the youth, girls in particular.
- To disseminate knowledge about rights and laws related to women.
- To create awareness amongst students about the problems faced by women due to gender issues.
- To enhance the self-esteem and self-confidence of girl students, women faculty and staff.
- To foster decision-making ability in girl students for making informed choices in areas like education, employment and health.
- Prof. P. MUTHUSAMY, Principal, -Head of Committee
- Tmt. R. RAMANI, Principal, Jayaram Teacher Training Institute
- Thiru. S. BALU, Inspector of Police, Pulivalam,
- Tmt. R. SELVI Lecturer / English - Member
- Tmt. U.NITHYA, Lecturer / EEE - Member
- Tmt. R.SANTHI, Girls Hostel Deputy Warden, - Member